Livability includes the natural and cultural amenities that contribute to the health and well-being of residents and make neighborhoods attractive to new stakeholders.
By leveraging existing assets of many kinds, healthy neighborhoods will be created in which residents will have daily access to art, nature, recreation and beauty.
Desirable amenities include:
- pedestrian and bicycle connectedness
- recreational programs and spaces
- access to quality health care, local high-quality food access
- cultural attractions
- the preservation and enhancement of natural spaces
Key Near West Big Ideas are to:
- Create additional community gardens and green space development.
- Connect bike and walking trails to and from downtown Indianapolis.
- Market the affordability, safety, and prosperity of Near West.