As part of the Great Places 2020 River West initiative, a Multi-Generational Art Park will be built at 518 N. Pershing Avenue, near the Christamore House.
The park will be a place where youth and the young at heart can gather to observe and appreciate public art and engage in interactive activities that stimulate their minds.
The space will feature a vibrant mural, native plantings, attractive lighting fixtures, and furnishings that inspire conversations and social interaction.
The mural will be designed with input and inspiration from neighbors of all ages.
It will be a reflection of our community and what values we collectively hold, despite the the amount of time we’ve spent here.
The Art Park’s focus will be the mural, and it will include:
- Pergola for shade and respite
- Variety of seating options
- Tables with built-in outdoor game boards for chess or checkers
- Pavers that will feature poems or quotes
- Hopscotch and 4 square courts
This park will serve as a gathering space, an environmental an asset and a retreat from the daily hustle and bustle of life in the city.
Great Places 2020 has partnered with Patronicity to crowdfund the project, and here’s where they need our help.
We need to get the word out about the Art Park project and we need to either donate or encourage others to donate.
LISC Indiana is matching all donations, up to the $10,000 goal!
What do donors get?
Indianapolis LISC will match $1 for $1 up to $10,000, which doubles your impact.
Plus, if you…
- Give $50 or more, you get a “Thank You” piece of original art work by Near West youth!
- Give $100 or more, you get a Thank You & 2 Museum Tickets to the Indiana Medical History Museum!
- Give $250 or more, you get an invitation to a VIP reception following the grand opening celebration at the art park!
- Give $500 or more, and you get to make a lasting impact & have your name on an engraved marker in the new park!
Can’t donate, but want to help?
Share! The more who know about it, the more we can have our voices be heard and help the project grow.
How can I donate?
You can donate by going to Patronicity.com/NearWest OR to make an offline, donation, contact Martha Henn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317.278.2344.